Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop in Oregon, Florida, writes;
Hey Fandom! I’m still here loving comics, endings and beginnings, franchises and creator owned!
First up we have the Death of the Family finale! Joker’s final face off with Batman…the punchline. I’m not spoiling any details about the ending other than the theme, the metaphorical death of the bat family happens. Katana #1 is here “From the pages of Justice League of America” even though that book doesn’t come out until next week!
Uncanny X-Men #1 was a great first issue, set up and pay off. A traitor to in Cyclops’ inner circle, the government out to discredit him as a revolutionary, it seems like the civil rights metaphor of X-Men is advancing to the Cointelpro phase. Bendis’ X books are off to a great start, surprisingly great (the multiple printings and lack of All New X-Men on the racks show retailer’s weren’t expecting fans to want it as much and fans didn’t have it on their pull lists). Also, Nick Spencer’s Secret Avengers #1 was an awesome first issue that should have the Hawkeye Initiative happy.
Star War by Brian Wood continues to impress both the little boy and fanman in me. This is the Star Wars book I always wanted! The New Ghostbusters work for me, I haven’t been reading IDW’s Ghostbusters and wasn’t lost with this new team. They were so out of their element that I felt at ease jumping in as they don’t really know the back story either.
And some of my favorite creator owned books came out like Fatale and Manhattan Projects, both were on my Best Books of 2012 list and both continue to impress. I’m also pretty sure Bedlam will be on my best of 2013 list!
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018