The whole point of this post is to spoil something about Doctor Who so if you’ve clicked on it, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Besides, the spoiler originates with the show’s executive producer and will likely be something that features in the trailers, so… let’s just say I’m being cautious.
Caroline Skinner, the aforementioned Who producer, told SFX:
We’ve got the most fantastic episode by Mark Gatiss, where we are bringing back the Ice Warrior… on a submarine! It’s a really wonderful kind of ‘bunker’ episode, and a classic monster which Mark has brought his own inimitable twist to…
The sense of a monster of that scale and that size trapped in a really small, contained environment such as a submarine was a really brilliant story to be able to tell. And obviously we’ve had a huge amount of fun going back to the traditional designs and recreating them, bringing the Ice Warriors back to life again... They’ve got really scary voices as well.
The episode in question is the third of the next series. Well, they’ll calling it a half series, but I’m losing my patience with that. Anyhow, this means that the Ice Warrior will appear on Saturday April 14th, by my reckoning.
You can look for clips of the episode in the trailer below. They’re pretty conspicuous. And wet.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014