Deadline describe Bullock’s character as being Audrey Hepburn-like, and note that she’s:
a stylish bad-ass super-villain who is (what else?) bent on world domination
The film will apparently be set in the 60s, and see Ms. Overkill fighting to become the world’s first female supervillain. I’m sure it will all be family-friendly stuff and not have teeth that are too sharp, but at least Brian Lynch‘s story seems to have something on its mind.
And he’s cleverly establishing the Minions as a force of goodness, too – if unwitting goodness. The new film will reveal that they’ve worked in the service of would-be supervillains since the start of time,forever upsetting apocalyptic plans with their bumbling, sight-gag ready incompetence. Sounds like a possible other half in a really screwy double bill with Cabin in the Woods.
Despicable Me 2 is along the summer, Minions will be with us in December 2014.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014