Let us welcome a new comics adaptation of Michael Moorcock’s Elric, initially for French territories, but already confirmed for “Anglo-Saxon countries” by its original French publisher.
That means English.
One of the main French comic publishers, Glenat, has just put up its
voluminous catalog for the months of April to June 2013:
On page 15 we find this;
“ELRIC: THE RUBY THRONE” VOL. 1 – 64 Pages – 9 x 12 in. – May 2013
“Epic, gothic, immoderate, enthralling, this new 100% French adaptation, sumptuously put into images by Didier Poli & Robin Recht, has received the enthusiastic approval of Michael Moorcock himself and has been already sold to Anglo-Saxon countries even before its publication in the Hexagon! (aka France)”
One can only speculate about the Anglo-Saxon publisher that has bought
And Titan Comics, the new imprint of Titan Books, has solicited in the February Previews catalog (page 333), for a May 15 release, the first issue of an adaptation of the video-game DEVIL MAY CRY, a translation of a book from the same French publisher, Glenat, and even shares a common artist, Robin Recht, with the new French Elric book…
- Valiant Validated Signature Series Returns For Secret Weapons #1 - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Nature Of Paradise Island In Wonder Woman, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Life Of Ted Kord, Blue Beetle, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- “He Pushed Us Forward” – Marvel Comics’ Tribute To Bernie Wrightson - April 26, 2017
- Well That Was Quick. X-Men Gold #2 Brings Back The Politics… (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017