We reported last year how Burkey was conned into buying Todd McFarlane and Art Adams sketches that were not by Todd or by Art.
Burkey tells me that he was contacted by someone looking to sell original art, called Marco.
I agreed to pay 1500 for a Gil Kane 1983 superman cover and paid half down with Paypal..and I really did plan to send it normal Paypal and like an idiot I sent it as a gift and didn’t catch myself until after it was sent..as I pay friends with the gift method all the time…as soon as I got the confirmation email…… I see HOOPES in the Paypal header and I knew I was duped ….he wanted 5000 cash for a fake frank miller drawing also… and 4k for a fake Jim lee piece or a scan of a real piece…I played along like I had it sold for him in hopes he would send me the real superman cover after I realized who I was dealing with…LOL
email@example.com was the email he used and the Paypal I sent to had this email address which is VERIFIED for him:
(The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Giovanna Hoopes is the ex-wife of Josh Hoopes. They are divorced, partly because of Hoopes actions as a conman. And I understand Josh Hoopes forged this Paypal account using her personal details. Giovanna remains innocent in this affair.
- It’s Going To Take A Very Long Time To Rehabilitate Lobo, From Today’s Justice League Of America - April 26, 2017
- Hydra Youth? Previewing Secret Empire #1, #2, The Crossovers And The Spin-Offs… - April 26, 2017
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017