We reported last year how Burkey was conned into buying Todd McFarlane and Art Adams sketches that were not by Todd or by Art.
Burkey tells me that he was contacted by someone looking to sell original art, called Marco.
I agreed to pay 1500 for a Gil Kane 1983 superman cover and paid half down with Paypal..and I really did plan to send it normal Paypal and like an idiot I sent it as a gift and didn’t catch myself until after it was sent..as I pay friends with the gift method all the time…as soon as I got the confirmation email…… I see HOOPES in the Paypal header and I knew I was duped ….he wanted 5000 cash for a fake frank miller drawing also… and 4k for a fake Jim lee piece or a scan of a real piece…I played along like I had it sold for him in hopes he would send me the real superman cover after I realized who I was dealing with…LOL
firstname.lastname@example.org was the email he used and the Paypal I sent to had this email address which is VERIFIED for him:
(The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Payment sent to: email@example.com
Giovanna Hoopes is the ex-wife of Josh Hoopes. They are divorced, partly because of Hoopes actions as a conman. And I understand Josh Hoopes forged this Paypal account using her personal details. Giovanna remains innocent in this affair.
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017
- John Barrowman Dances On Stage In A TARDIS Dress At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017