We reported last year how Burkey was conned into buying Todd McFarlane and Art Adams sketches that were not by Todd or by Art.
Burkey tells me that he was contacted by someone looking to sell original art, called Marco.
I agreed to pay 1500 for a Gil Kane 1983 superman cover and paid half down with Paypal..and I really did plan to send it normal Paypal and like an idiot I sent it as a gift and didn’t catch myself until after it was sent..as I pay friends with the gift method all the time…as soon as I got the confirmation email…… I see HOOPES in the Paypal header and I knew I was duped ….he wanted 5000 cash for a fake frank miller drawing also… and 4k for a fake Jim lee piece or a scan of a real piece…I played along like I had it sold for him in hopes he would send me the real superman cover after I realized who I was dealing with…LOL
firstname.lastname@example.org was the email he used and the Paypal I sent to had this email address which is VERIFIED for him:
(The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Payment sent to: email@example.com
Giovanna Hoopes is the ex-wife of Josh Hoopes. They are divorced, partly because of Hoopes actions as a conman. And I understand Josh Hoopes forged this Paypal account using her personal details. Giovanna remains innocent in this affair.
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Original Art Page From Asterix Breaks Records, Sells For $300,000 - January 23, 2017
- Ed Begley Jr Investigates Giant Robot Building With February’s “Build” Loot Crate - January 23, 2017
- Titan Has A Bunch Of Dark Souls And Assassin’s Creed Comics Out For April 2017… - January 23, 2017
- DC Comics Admits That Batman/The Shadow By Scott Snyder, Steve Orlando And Riley Rossmo – Exists - January 23, 2017