I understand that The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, which appears to have sold out of its quarter-of-a-million print run has, to date, received over three hundred and thirty thousand orders, seeing Dark Horse Comics rushing a second printing in as quick as they can – though it may be some time. It is set to be the highest grossing book distributed by Diamond in 2013 by some degree. If The Walking Dead saved Diamond Book Distribution, from going down then it’s arguable that Hyrule Historia has secured its position in the market.
And it’s being followed by The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition which, at $90 list price and over a hundred thousand preorders so far, may have a chance of rivaling it.
And now we have a The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series—Book One: Air hardcover art book…
Bill Schanes must be stepping down with a smile on his face.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017