If you visit a certain page on Entertainment Weekly’s Back Issues Store right now you’ll see a preview of one of their new Star Trek Into Darkness covers. This one shows Chris Pine and Benedict Cumberbatch, though the headline refers to the other one, the design with “Kirk and Spock.”
That’s because they’ve had to make a quick edit. It used to say:
VOYAGE INTO STAR TREK WITH KIRK & KHAN
I didn’t catch a screen cap of this but CBM got this one.
I believe that’s not a fake or photoshop touch up because the page’s URL still reads:
So somebody at EW really did refer to Benedict Cumberbatch‘s villain as Khan. But why?
Because they know who he’s playing? Or because they think they know?
The very first rumours, way back when, had the character pegged as Khan. Has everything since then been nothing more than a smokescreen?
And if EW do know the details, and aren’t just pulling our leg on behalf of Paramount and Bad Robot, are they about to start sharing them?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014