As well as developing a feature film version of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride at Disney, Pete Candeland has joined Illumination entertainment to work up a new feature version of Dr. Seuss‘ How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
According to Variety, Universal and Illumination saw a good fit between Candeland’s visual style and design sense for a Grinch film. I can see where they’re coming from – and to demonstrate, here’s some of his work to demonstrate.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rzvPCVAaI
Somewhere in there is a great look for The Grinch. Will it replace Chuck Jones‘ short in my affections? Almost certainly not, but why should it?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014