Two more of the Star Wars spin-offs are coming into focus with “sources close to the production” leaking word of Boba Fett and “young Han Solo” movies to EW.
This all appears to be in addition to the Yoda project, which some whisperers are suggesting is actually the same thing as the Seven Samurai-based story that was linked to Zack Snyder, and possibly also the rumoured Jabba and Darth Maul movies that are somewhere else in Disney’s apparently rather stuffed Star Wars pipeline.
Real details are slim, as you’d expect at this stage, but the Han Solo movie is said to take place between the prequels and original trilogy while Boba Fett’s picture will take place on one side or the other of The Empire Strikes Back. I’d vote for afterwards – some kind of carbonite slab caper could be a bundle of laughs. That’s a hot commodity he has there, and I can imagine some other bounty hunters might want to take it off of him, and treat it rather less well than Fett did. Perhaps.
EW’s sources have stressed that the Solo picture isn’t based on Timothy Zahn‘s recent Young Han adventure, Scoundrels.
Both of these proposed pictures will allow for Darth Vader to be the prime antagonist, or Jabba the Hutt – or somebody else entirely. It’s a question of where these stories are located, and what scale they are on.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014