Pending the quality of the finished screenplay, Elizabeth Olsen and Bryan Cranston are considering roles in the new Godzilla. Also waiting to approve the next draft is Aaron Johnson, who would take the lead role. Best information suggests that Johnson will be playing a soldier. It’s likely, but not definite, that Olsen and Cranston would too – there’s apparently a good number of military figures in the picture.
Frank Darabont has been reworking the script of late, and original writer Max Borenstein is apparently also hanging around, keeping things on course. Should the studio like this next iteration, Gareth Edwards will finally get the long awaited, hard earned green light and production can go ahead, as planned, in March.
I saw the proof of concept trailer at Comic-Con last year and it certainly lived up to that title – it proved that the concept was sound. Edwards has just the stuff to make this film feel right, move right, roar right. I hope he also has the script he deserves.
Incidentally, Variety say that Olsen was also being courted for the new Ninja Turtles movie but that’s not happening – at least not while Godzilla stomps on. April O’Neil, I’d suppose?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014