As far as I can gather, The Wachowski‘s Jupiter Ascending will be a grand sci-fi riff on the Snow White story with Mila Kunis playing a lowly chambermaid on Earth put in danger when her DNA marks her out as the fairest of them all to the galaxy’s evil Empress. Channing Tatum is sent to kill her, he doesn’t, they fall in love and… dwarves? I haven’t heard anything about dwarves yet. A planet of dwarves seems pretty likely, though.
The film is set to shoot in Chicago and the UK soon. As well as Kunis and Tatum we know that Eddie Redmayne has a part in the film as… something. Maybe a space dwarf. You never know.
And now Deadline are saying that Sean Bean will play:
Stinger, a Han Solo-type character written older than co-star Channing Tatum.
And cast that way too.
Now, this is where I’m supposed to make a joke about Bean’s character being very likely to die, but I think I’d rather continue the dwarf thing a bit longer if I may? No?
Okay. We’ll leave it at that then.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014