You’d be surprised just how many Kickstarter comics projects suddenly updated their current status with donors after yesterday’s post.
They include Occupy Comics, who wrote about the planned Anthology, saying;
Hey everybody- Sorry for the lack of updates. I keep wanting to announce a new timeline, but I’m reliant on a lot of other people so it’s been difficult for me to assign a new date that I’m positive we can deliver on. The delays are a mix of things… mainly it’s (a) artists are still delivering new contributions (and they’re awesome), & (b) Alan Moore delivered us way more awesome than we could handle & it’s been a ton of labor to work through all his awesomeness. So the two issues have kinda been feeding off each other… as we work on the Moore piece I extend the deadline for artists since we can’t go to press yet anyway, and as more work comes in from artists we get tied up editing/organizing that instead of working on the Moore piece. But we’re locking everything in now and we should have the books ready pretty soon. Again, I don’t want to assign a new definite date until I’m positive we’ll hit it (obviously September was a guess in the first place) but my goal is for books to be in your hands in early April (although that ultimately has a lot to do with the printer we choose, some of which have really long turnaround times for hardcover books–but I can certainly update you with revised dates once it’s delivered to the printer). We all really appreciate your patience and support. And of course please always feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns here or at matt (at) occupy comics (dot) com.
- ‘Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe’ Footage from ‘Bat In The Sun’ Shown At SDCC - July 23, 2017
- Announcing The Winners Of The 2017 Diamond ‘Best Practice Awards’ For Comic Retailers - July 23, 2017
- Charlize Theron Kicks Ass At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- An Hour With Adam Savage - July 23, 2017
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017