If they’re wrong then it won’t matter, but if Latino Review have it right, then they’ve just managed to spoil rather a lot about the Marvel Movieverse during phases two and three.
They published this video overnight that, inbetween showmanship and a little bit of silliness, might have deeply spoiled some of Marvel’s big, big plans for The Hulk.
I’ll bullet point the big news below the clip for you.
- At the end of Avengers 2, The Hulk is going to be sent to space. This is either in the third act or, possibly, after the credits.
- It will be the Movieverse version of The Illuminati who do this. And they’ll do it because they deem The Hulk a terrible threat – so expect to see how and why he’s so dangerous.
- Then, in Phase 3, this will be paid off with The Hulk’s standalone movie, adapting Planet Hulk. This was Greg Pak’s comics story in which The Hulk becomes a gladiator and then a King on an alien planet.
- The Hulk will then return to earth for Avengers 3 which will draw on World War Hulk, another Pak run which sees Big Green coming back for revenge after his banishment.
Okay, we’re so far out that it’s going to take a very long time for anything like confirmation, or even hints of confirmation, to bubble up.
For now – and by now I mean the next eighteen months if not over two years, until Avengers 2 unspools – we can only treat this as gossip and rumour and fuel for the fanfire.
“I give this an amber light,” as Rich might say.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014