Amazon’s deal of the week is a series of discounts on films featuring romance. There’s a number on there I really like.
The Princess Bride is one of the wittiest and most inventive of films – even if it is a kissing movie. Currently $7.99.
Crazy Stupid Love gets my vote for best romcom in a very long time. Ryan Gosling has great on-screen chemistry with Steve Carell and Emma Stone; Julianne Moore, Marisa Tomei and Kevin Bacon are great bonuses. I really liked the twist too. Currently $9.99.
Say Anything is one of the smartest and most textured teen movies of the 80s – the quintessential teen movie decade. $7.49 for a great disc including an audio commentary so extensive it plays out over several minutes of still images before the film even begins.
And You’ve Got Mail isn’t the best of Nora Ephron but it has its moments, including some memorable stuff from the superb Steve Zahn. Remarkably, you also get a copy of Ernst Lubitsch’s The Shop Around the Corner in the box, the film Mail is based up on -and that one is a bonafide classic – all for $6.99.
There are more too, if you want to click around, but I can’t vouch for any of the others. Well, can’t or won’t.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014