“Trying our some new art for Lilliana. Pen and ink, mixed media using photoshop. No unauthorized copying, duplicating or reposting without author’s permission.”
Dark Phoenix Publications can’t see the problem however, deleting Facebook postings and just replying;
Peter. First off the art was hand-drawn. Not traced. Second, it is the artist’s interpretation of a Lilliana vampire wearing a corset. Whether the artist used a body pose from Gen13, Witchblade or Scooby Doo is sort of irrelevant and runs on the line of harassment to ask multiple times to get your way. Please be respectful of the fact that it’s art that was put up to show our vision for a vampiric lineage. All posts which are deemed inappropriate will be deleted and offending posters blocked for their behavior.
Peter. Peter. The artwork is a reflection of the artist’s vision for the Lilliana. Many artists borrow body poses, it is especially common in the comic industry as it is in art classes. We will remind you to keep your comment constructive. No one is “cheating” anyone with this piece of art and copyright infringement is something we take very seriously.
The posts by “Peter” however, are long since gone.
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself? If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017
- Image Comics’ $428 Humble Bundle To Benefit Human Rights Campaign For Their 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017