Coming to Heritage Auctions — a copy of the first appearance of Batman, Detective Comics #27 in 6.5 CGC condition. Could get half a million, slated to be auctioned off on February 21st, it already has a bid close to a quarter of a million…
Also on the block is John Romita Sr’s Amazing Spider-Man #121 cover for The Night Gwen Stacy Died, (also see our previous coverage of this key 1970s cover) the Dave Gibbons’ Watchmen #1 cover art we mentioned the other day expected to hit a hundred thousand, as well as the cover art for Watchmen #2 and #3, and eventually all the Watchmen covers. A Calvin and Hobbes daily strip originally published on Nov. 3, 1986 is also under the hammer. As is Al Feldstein, Weird Science-Fantasy Annual #1 Cover Original Art (EC, 1952), Jack Kirby Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #133 Original Art (DC, 1970), the last page of The Dark Knight Returns #4, , Page 38 of Batman: The Killing Joke and Detective Comics #35 CGC 3.0,
So, who’s got a spare half million?
- Exclusive: Gallery 13 Grab Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Graphic Novel Rights from Marvel - June 19, 2018
- Marvel, DC and Others Persuade Comic Stores to Put Spinner Racks in Other Businesses - June 19, 2018
- Chris Hastings and Salva Espin do Deadpool as James Bond For Digital-First Comic, Secret Agent Deadpool - June 19, 2018
- Let’s All Play #WhoGetsWarped - June 19, 2018
- Advance Review: Tony Stark: Iron Man #1 by Dan Slott and Valerie Schiti – Will Tony Stark Become Self-Aware As Well? - June 19, 2018