I’ve been appealing for Bryan Singer to confirm the presence of Sentinels in the big-screen Days of Future Past but it’s actually proven to be Mark Millar who has made the promise. Perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised – he’s the king of making promises.
Millar told SFX:
I don’t really want to give too much away but the Sentinels are a big feature of this story. They will be cool and this will deliver on all of the teasers. We’ve all been waiting for this ever since X-Men: The Last Stand showed us one of their heads.
Hopefully they’ve had a bit of a redesign in the meantime.
Millar was also asked about Kitty Pryde’s role in the film. In the comics it’s Pryde who links the two timelines but I’ve suspected it might not be in this movie, and I can’t say Millar has entirely convinced me I’m wrong:
Ach, I cannae get into that. As soon as I say something it will turn into a big internet story. Let me put it this way though: Kitty Pride fans will not be disappointed.
It could go either way, of course, but I’m still betting that they use a different device.
Singer recently told Empire that working with X-Men offers:
certain mechanisms… certain powers, perceptions and characters
…that make the time travel plot of Future Past possible. Note the reference to perceptions in particular…
Pre-production on the film continues apace, with shooting set to start in the spring and an 18 July 2014 release date.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014