Joe Hill has been talking about his upcoming post-Locke And Key comic book work on Tumblr;
biggietattoos asked: Do you have any further plans on writing a new comic series after Locke and Key ends? If you could pick superhero book from Marvel or DC you could write which would it be and why?
I’m doing a 5-issue series called WRA1TH with artist Charles Wilson III, which should be out late-summer, early fall, and which uses some characters and settings and ideas introduced in my forthcoming novel, NOS4A2. You don’t have to read the book to enjoy the comic, though, or vice-versa.
There are also plans to do another short 6-issue project with IDW to which Gabriel Rodriguez will be contributing… but we prolly won’t talk about that until SDCC.
Finally, I’ve had ongoing discussions with an editor at one of the big two, and there’s a loose plan to do a mini-series involving one of my favorite pre-existing characters. But if that happens, it won’t be until ‘14.
I love writing novels and short stories and scripts, but will probably always think of myself as a comic book writer first. I don’t expect to abandon the field anytime soon.
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017