Joe Hill has been talking about his upcoming post-Locke And Key comic book work on Tumblr;
biggietattoos asked: Do you have any further plans on writing a new comic series after Locke and Key ends? If you could pick superhero book from Marvel or DC you could write which would it be and why?
I’m doing a 5-issue series called WRA1TH with artist Charles Wilson III, which should be out late-summer, early fall, and which uses some characters and settings and ideas introduced in my forthcoming novel, NOS4A2. You don’t have to read the book to enjoy the comic, though, or vice-versa.
There are also plans to do another short 6-issue project with IDW to which Gabriel Rodriguez will be contributing… but we prolly won’t talk about that until SDCC.
Finally, I’ve had ongoing discussions with an editor at one of the big two, and there’s a loose plan to do a mini-series involving one of my favorite pre-existing characters. But if that happens, it won’t be until ‘14.
I love writing novels and short stories and scripts, but will probably always think of myself as a comic book writer first. I don’t expect to abandon the field anytime soon.
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 21st January 2018 – A “Great Thaw” Taking Place over Marvel’s Comics - January 21, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters, 21st January 2018 – Kindness Works, Allegedly - January 21, 2018
- It Looks like DC Comics Didn’t Tell Chris Sprouse About Tom Strong Appearing in The Terrifics Either - January 21, 2018