Joe Hill has been talking about his upcoming post-Locke And Key comic book work on Tumblr;
biggietattoos asked: Do you have any further plans on writing a new comic series after Locke and Key ends? If you could pick superhero book from Marvel or DC you could write which would it be and why?
I’m doing a 5-issue series called WRA1TH with artist Charles Wilson III, which should be out late-summer, early fall, and which uses some characters and settings and ideas introduced in my forthcoming novel, NOS4A2. You don’t have to read the book to enjoy the comic, though, or vice-versa.
There are also plans to do another short 6-issue project with IDW to which Gabriel Rodriguez will be contributing… but we prolly won’t talk about that until SDCC.
Finally, I’ve had ongoing discussions with an editor at one of the big two, and there’s a loose plan to do a mini-series involving one of my favorite pre-existing characters. But if that happens, it won’t be until ‘14.
I love writing novels and short stories and scripts, but will probably always think of myself as a comic book writer first. I don’t expect to abandon the field anytime soon.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017