Stores have stayed open though not much in the way of new releases have made their ways to shelves. There’s an ongoing Blue Cross Sale that sees much of the stick reduced by 25%, creating an atmosphere of a drawn out, sad fire sale in my local branch.
Earlier today, whoever it is in charge of the company’s Twitter feed stuck their head above the parapet. The tweets are gone now, but this screen capture remains.
I saw those tweets with my own two eyes. These next ones I missed, but they were saved by Gemma Storey.
Emotions run high, of course they do. A lot of people stand to lose their jobs here, and not just the sixty being discussed today. If branches close down the number could run from hundreds into thousands.
HMV continues to sort-of function, and I keep reading that we could see at least half of the stores stay open once the restructuring is done. Painful restructuring, sure – but apparently now essential.
It’s a terrible shame it came to this.
Condolences and wishes of good next steps to any of HMV’s staff that are losing their jobs.
Anybody who wants to speak up or lend support should note the #hmvXFactorFiring hashtag. The HMV official feed may be about to vanish but the hashtag won’t sink with it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014