Angoulême was all of a twitter earlier this month when it was announced that Artistic Director of the International Festival of Comics, Benedict Mouchart, was to quit to become editorial director in charge of the large French comics publisher Casterman from March, after ten years.
He’s been responsible for introducing musical events into the festival, with comic artists’ designs and increasing the number of events from around thirto to over three hundred, increasing the amount of exhibitions dedicated to introducing a lifespan of a cartoonist’s work to a new generation, and increasing the festival’s international appeal.
This will be his last show. The jostling to replace him has already begun.
Meanwhile, the former CEO of Casterman, Louis Delas in planning a new comif book imprint… it’s all go in French comics!
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017
- SCOOP: The Return Of The Elementals From Dynamite Entertainment - April 30, 2017