Angoulême was all of a twitter earlier this month when it was announced that Artistic Director of the International Festival of Comics, Benedict Mouchart, was to quit to become editorial director in charge of the large French comics publisher Casterman from March, after ten years.
He’s been responsible for introducing musical events into the festival, with comic artists’ designs and increasing the number of events from around thirto to over three hundred, increasing the amount of exhibitions dedicated to introducing a lifespan of a cartoonist’s work to a new generation, and increasing the festival’s international appeal.
This will be his last show. The jostling to replace him has already begun.
Meanwhile, the former CEO of Casterman, Louis Delas in planning a new comif book imprint… it’s all go in French comics!
- DC Comics Take Legal Action Against Ice Cream Store For The Shape Of Their “G” - January 17, 2017
- Dr Aphra, OOO And BT-1 Make Their Way Into The Wider Star Wars Universe - January 17, 2017
- Image Gives Curse Words A Gold Embossed One-Per-Retailer Cover Too – Well, It Is Their Birthday Any Day Now - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s One Per Store Variant Covers – Collect The Set? from Mighty Captain Marvel To Venom - January 17, 2017
- Dark Horse To Publish Omnibus Of Buffy Season 8 Written By Joss Whedon, Bryan K Vaughan, Drew Goddard And More - January 17, 2017