Angoulême was all of a twitter earlier this month when it was announced that Artistic Director of the International Festival of Comics, Benedict Mouchart, was to quit to become editorial director in charge of the large French comics publisher Casterman from March, after ten years.
He’s been responsible for introducing musical events into the festival, with comic artists’ designs and increasing the number of events from around thirto to over three hundred, increasing the amount of exhibitions dedicated to introducing a lifespan of a cartoonist’s work to a new generation, and increasing the festival’s international appeal.
This will be his last show. The jostling to replace him has already begun.
Meanwhile, the former CEO of Casterman, Louis Delas in planning a new comif book imprint… it’s all go in French comics!
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018