Angoulême was all of a twitter earlier this month when it was announced that Artistic Director of the International Festival of Comics, Benedict Mouchart, was to quit to become editorial director in charge of the large French comics publisher Casterman from March, after ten years.
He’s been responsible for introducing musical events into the festival, with comic artists’ designs and increasing the number of events from around thirto to over three hundred, increasing the amount of exhibitions dedicated to introducing a lifespan of a cartoonist’s work to a new generation, and increasing the festival’s international appeal.
This will be his last show. The jostling to replace him has already begun.
Meanwhile, the former CEO of Casterman, Louis Delas in planning a new comif book imprint… it’s all go in French comics!
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018