I won’t go into too much detail about what tracking boards are and the limits of their dependability, but I will say that there’s a lot of gossip in Hollywood and people do like to have somewhere to pass it about. Buzz is conducted from studio to studio and it keeps the energy levels up, the rivalries frying.
Being chatted about on boards right now, I understand, is the notion that Warner Bros. want Johnny Depp to star in Duncan Jones‘ Warcraft movie. There’s only one publicly accessible tracking board that are mentioning this – though I’m told by regular board users that they’re definitely not the only people to be bandying Depp’s name about tonight.
If there’s anything to this rumour we could see it start to shake out through the trades relatively quickly. I’m sure Depp’s reps are on the phone to somebody about it at this very second.
What interests me about this story, beyond the very surface of the thing, is that it indicates a human male lead for the film. Probably. I mean, Depp hasn’t always played a human male, but I can’t really see him as one of Warcraft‘s other options.
One thing’s for sure, the combination of Warcraft and Duncan Jones is going to set fire to a lot of fan imaginations. This isn’t the last rumour we’re going to hear, even if it’s the only half-credible one.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014