Superior Spider-Man #1 looks to be, in many ways, a tale of redemption. Someone trying to change and be a better man. Knowing what he knows now, experiencing what he has now experienced, will he choose to decline what is being offered to him?
We had to wait a little longer. But welcome to Superior Spider-Man #2. If he does choose to pursue a sexual relationship with Mary Jane Watson, and she is still under the impression that it’s Peter Parker inside his head, then that should damn him forever, for reasons given in the link above. If he resists temptation and finds a moral core, learns the lesson of power and responsibility, it could very well save him and prove that he is on the route to redemption. In today’s issue, we get that answer. And no, I’m not spoiling it.
I will however run this half-of-a-panel. It’s the reverse of what Peter Parker experienced inside Otto’s head, thinking of the night before Otto’s expected marriage to Aunt May, with revulsion. This time Otto is exploring Peter’s memories in a voyeuristic, opportunist, invasive and, well, self-gratifying manner. With less revulsion… from Otto, I mean.
There will be more letters.
It’s also worth noting just how full this comic is. New inventions from Otto, the dangers of Mary Jane’s workspace, the perils of when ex-partners pally up, lots of ghost Peter, flashbacks to Gwen and a laboratory assistant that just screams of mad scientist. All good stuff. But yes, somehow it’s the above image that sticks…
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017