Superior Spider-Man #1 looks to be, in many ways, a tale of redemption. Someone trying to change and be a better man. Knowing what he knows now, experiencing what he has now experienced, will he choose to decline what is being offered to him?
We had to wait a little longer. But welcome to Superior Spider-Man #2. If he does choose to pursue a sexual relationship with Mary Jane Watson, and she is still under the impression that it’s Peter Parker inside his head, then that should damn him forever, for reasons given in the link above. If he resists temptation and finds a moral core, learns the lesson of power and responsibility, it could very well save him and prove that he is on the route to redemption. In today’s issue, we get that answer. And no, I’m not spoiling it.
I will however run this half-of-a-panel. It’s the reverse of what Peter Parker experienced inside Otto’s head, thinking of the night before Otto’s expected marriage to Aunt May, with revulsion. This time Otto is exploring Peter’s memories in a voyeuristic, opportunist, invasive and, well, self-gratifying manner. With less revulsion… from Otto, I mean.
There will be more letters.
It’s also worth noting just how full this comic is. New inventions from Otto, the dangers of Mary Jane’s workspace, the perils of when ex-partners pally up, lots of ghost Peter, flashbacks to Gwen and a laboratory assistant that just screams of mad scientist. All good stuff. But yes, somehow it’s the above image that sticks…
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018