This week Taylor & I have an in-depth discussion about Dark Horse Comics’ Orchid, which reaches its stunning conclusion with issue 12 this week. It’s a book deserving of a wider audience, so if you missed the original run of the series you can still pick it up in trades.
We also have TWO very exciting interviews for you to enjoy this week … First up, I chat with Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave, The Nightwatchman) about writing Orchid, taking the leap into comics, why comics are a perfect medium for activism, and much more.
Then I talk with animal activist Matt Miner, who is currently on the tail end of an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign for Liberator. We discuss his Scott Snyder connection, what it’s like to work on your first comic, how people can help the cause, and other ways to ‘Kickstart’ a revolution.
To get in touch, discuss sponsorship opportunities or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow me on Twitter: @popculturehound. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
Taylor Lilley Twitter: @capelessT
And if you want to get in on the Kickstarter for Liberator, you can find that here: www.kickstarter.com/projects/mattminer/liberator-4-issue-comic-series-by-matt-miner
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017