Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool
Have you seen the line up for the Glasgow Film Festival? It looks crazy good. Not only for the quality of its films but also for the sheer diversity it is offering.
But if you are going just for the films, you may be surprised at the talent you could bump into while you’re there. I suspect this story will peak for many of you when I say that Joss Whedon is going to be there, promoting Much Ado About Nothing.
Some of you are already having fantasies of running into him, offering him a drink, going to a pub and becoming best friends. Hey, maybe he will even take your notes on Avengers 2 and ask you to help him write it, direct it and design the costumes.
However, if you are still with us and want to know who else will be along, there’s still plenty more talent to get excited about. Gemma Arterton, Saoirse Ronan and director Neil Jordan will all be out promoting their movie vampire movie Byzantium.
You might also catch Eli Roth promoting his new film Aftershock with star Lorenza Izzo and director Nicolas Lopez.
And then there’s all the other people you* might not have heard of that you may actually bump into and have interesting conversations with. Régis Roinsard, maybe.
If you can get to Glasgow from Valentines Day to Academy Awards Night – February 14th-24th – I think I can recommend it. You’ll at least be in good company. And I don’t just mean me.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015