Moon and Source Code director Duncan Jones has experience in creating cut sequences for video games, and so it may seem a natural evolution for him to adapt a game into a movie. It’s safe to say he’s played more than his fair share too – his Twitter feed is regularly spotted with references to gaming.
The Hollywood Reporter have it that Jones is the newly appointed director of Legendary Picture’s Warcraft movie. Sam Raimi had been working on the film some years ago, but I doubt any of that work will continue over.
Jones will be working from a script by Charles Leavitt. There’s not even a hint of what kind of storyline it will detail – and being derived from such a sprawling, open-ended game as Blizzard’s epic, class-beater, I wouldn’t even like to guess. It might even have sorta kinda Kung Fu Pandas in it.
Warcraft is expected to get rolling later this year, presumably bumping Jones’ Ian Fleming project to the side. That much is a shame.
Warner Bros. are expected to release the film in 2015 – very possibly the same year we’ll get The Avengers 2, Justice League, Ant Man and Star Wars Episode 7. That’s a year with almost 1982 levels of nerdiness.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014