The Holywood Reporter say that production on A Million Ways To Die In The West is being lined up for May. It’s always being described with comparisons to Blazing Saddles but I wonder how accurate that’s actually going to prove.
From what I can gather, MacFarlane is going to play a farmer who gets drawn into a gunfight, quite sensibly chickens out from getting shot and then loses his girlfriend.
His get-her-back plan involves enlisting the help of a female outlaw and learning to shoot. Of course, he then starts falling for the outl…
…look, it’s The Silver Linings Playbook, basically. With guns. And Charlize Theron instead of Jennifer Lawrence.
Theron’s good casting for a Wild West outlaw, I think. She’s also good casting for a comedy. I don’t know why she doesn’t do more of them.
I’m interested in the title. I hope that pays off. I want this film to include all of those risk elements, if not all of those deaths. It’d also be nice to see MacFarlane to develop on the promise of Ted.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014