I learnt last year that the Young Justice TV had been cancelled but wasn’tconfident enough to stand it up, all I had were the circumstantial evidence of, say, the delays and the comic book suffering the same fate.
But I did discover that the main reason, specifically for Young Justice, was down to lower toy sales than expected. Though Mattel jacking up the prices on those small figures with their “Build A Hall Of Justice” collecible pieces probably didn’t help, they may have sold a lot better at their original price.
Still, since the announcement earlier that Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice were going to be replaced, a healthy fan movement to bring them back has sprung up. A fan petition created hours ago has already reached well over 6000 signatures, a mail in campaign featuring domino masks is being considered), and Twitter and FaceBook pages of Warner Brothers Entertainment and Cartoon Network are full to the brim…
It does seem to have momentum. Is this a campaign that will be easy to ignore? And Con season is on the way…
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017