I learnt last year that the Young Justice TV had been cancelled but wasn’tconfident enough to stand it up, all I had were the circumstantial evidence of, say, the delays and the comic book suffering the same fate.
But I did discover that the main reason, specifically for Young Justice, was down to lower toy sales than expected. Though Mattel jacking up the prices on those small figures with their “Build A Hall Of Justice” collecible pieces probably didn’t help, they may have sold a lot better at their original price.
Still, since the announcement earlier that Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice were going to be replaced, a healthy fan movement to bring them back has sprung up. A fan petition created hours ago has already reached well over 6000 signatures, a mail in campaign featuring domino masks is being considered), and Twitter and FaceBook pages of Warner Brothers Entertainment and Cartoon Network are full to the brim…
It does seem to have momentum. Is this a campaign that will be easy to ignore? And Con season is on the way…
- Marvel Comics To Send Out Replacement Copies Of Darth Maul #5 - July 21, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes – From X-Men Blue To Batwoman - July 21, 2017
- The Cosplay, Stars And Parties Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 On A Thursday In 125 Pictures - July 21, 2017
- Nerdcore Thursday With MC Chris AKA MC PeePants From ATHF - July 21, 2017
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017