I learnt last year that the Young Justice TV had been cancelled but wasn’tconfident enough to stand it up, all I had were the circumstantial evidence of, say, the delays and the comic book suffering the same fate.
But I did discover that the main reason, specifically for Young Justice, was down to lower toy sales than expected. Though Mattel jacking up the prices on those small figures with their “Build A Hall Of Justice” collecible pieces probably didn’t help, they may have sold a lot better at their original price.
Still, since the announcement earlier that Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice were going to be replaced, a healthy fan movement to bring them back has sprung up. A fan petition created hours ago has already reached well over 6000 signatures, a mail in campaign featuring domino masks is being considered), and Twitter and FaceBook pages of Warner Brothers Entertainment and Cartoon Network are full to the brim…
It does seem to have momentum. Is this a campaign that will be easy to ignore? And Con season is on the way…
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017