Disney have a new Haunted Mansion movie in the works, with a script co-written by Guillermo Del Toro. They have Jon Favreau‘s Magic Kingdom somewhere in their development cycle. Pete Candeland is working on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. Jungle Cruise is coming along too.
Then, yesterday, we learned that Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof‘s new movie is Tomorrowland.
And today, ABC have picked up the Big Thunder Mountain show for at least a pilot.
I guess that Pirates franchise turned Disney into sharks. At least most of these projects have real talent attached.
Here’s the blurb for the show:
When a brilliant, late 19th century New York doctor and his family are given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to relocate to a frontier mining town run by a powerful, but mysterious tycoon, they quickly realize that not everything in Big Thunder is as it seems.
It’d be hilarious if there’s a Village-style final twist revealing the whole thing took place in an elaborate theme park. And then Patrick McGoohan pulls his face off and there’s a monkey underneath.
Note: The Village doesn’t take place in a theme park, I just… well, you know. Probably. By now.
Here’s an idea – how about reframing the Roger Rabbit sequel that Disney seem intent not to make as a spin-off of their Toontown theme park attraction? You don’t change anything about the film, just the way it’s thought of. Would that satisfy the abacuses?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014