She’s about to move on over to Europe for a few weeks of Muppet movie making, and also has a good raft of things in development.
Amongst these, she says, is a musical version of Mean Girls. Fey told E! Online:
I’m trying to develop it with my husband, who does all the music for 30 Rock and I think Paramount’s onboard…
And later, having made some meandering small talk about Mariah Carey a little, Fey quipped:
Maybe she can play Amy Poehler’s part in the musical.
Just a reminder…
Wow. It actually would be pretty good casting to put Carey in that role. Sort of. If she could act.
Also on the Fey-docket is her long-promised reunion with Steve Carell.
Here’s a video from the SAG press room, catching Fey after she won Outstanding Female Performance in a Comedy Show for 30 Rock. I’ll transcribe the key bit below.
…hopefully shooting a movie called Mail Order Groom in the summer with Steve Carell and then also my partner Robert Carlock and I have a new over all deal to eventually over the next couple of years to develop a new television show.
The idea for Mail Order Groom was apparently cooked up by Fey’s husband, Jeff Richmond. In the film, Fey would play a naive singleton who makes an arrangement to marry Steve Carell’s Eastern European character for money.
Fey’s writing partner Robert Carlock did the first draft with Scott Silveri, Fey has had a go at the screenplay herself and Crazy Stupid Love directors Glenn Ficarra and John Requa also did a pass.
All of this has to wait for The Muppets, though.
I mean, of course. Everything should come to a stop for Muppets.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014