JA Bayona is two for two with me so far, having created a pair of sweet, but also upsetting, films about family.
The first, The Orphanage, was a horror mystery with some deep undercurrents of tragedy. The second, The Impossible, was an account of survival against the backdrop of the Asian Tsunami.
Neither is perfect, but both are very touching.
Still, for all of their similarities, those two films are quite clearly distinct.
And Bayona is set to swap genres again for his third picture.
And that’s it. We know more about Star Wars Episode 7.
More on the Bayona-Roth movie in due course, I’m sure.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014