ComiXology gave announced they are opening a Paris office and will be exhibiting at this week’s Angouleme Festival, with an aim to start distributing more foreign language comics – with the possibility of English translations to come.
The French and Belgian comic book market is larger than the US and the UK market combined. Digital rights for French comics are generally tied up, with sites such as Izneo offering rental as well as purchase. But ComiXology has established itself as the leading Android and iOS App in the medium.
Looks like plenty of publishers might find themselves popping by Booth RL7 at Angouleme to see what’s what…
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017