ComiXology gave announced they are opening a Paris office and will be exhibiting at this week’s Angouleme Festival, with an aim to start distributing more foreign language comics – with the possibility of English translations to come.
The French and Belgian comic book market is larger than the US and the UK market combined. Digital rights for French comics are generally tied up, with sites such as Izneo offering rental as well as purchase. But ComiXology has established itself as the leading Android and iOS App in the medium.
Looks like plenty of publishers might find themselves popping by Booth RL7 at Angouleme to see what’s what…
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018