ComiXology gave announced they are opening a Paris office and will be exhibiting at this week’s Angouleme Festival, with an aim to start distributing more foreign language comics – with the possibility of English translations to come.
The French and Belgian comic book market is larger than the US and the UK market combined. Digital rights for French comics are generally tied up, with sites such as Izneo offering rental as well as purchase. But ComiXology has established itself as the leading Android and iOS App in the medium.
Looks like plenty of publishers might find themselves popping by Booth RL7 at Angouleme to see what’s what…
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017
- Jason Inman, The Face Of DC All Access, Has A New Comic Of His Own Now… - January 20, 2017
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017