ComiXology gave announced they are opening a Paris office and will be exhibiting at this week’s Angouleme Festival, with an aim to start distributing more foreign language comics – with the possibility of English translations to come.
The French and Belgian comic book market is larger than the US and the UK market combined. Digital rights for French comics are generally tied up, with sites such as Izneo offering rental as well as purchase. But ComiXology has established itself as the leading Android and iOS App in the medium.
Looks like plenty of publishers might find themselves popping by Booth RL7 at Angouleme to see what’s what…
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017