From the Amazing Arizona Comic Con, comes the DC Comics panel, with Scott Lobdell, Kyle Higgins, Brian Buccellatto and Josh Fialkov.
During which we learned that Savage Hawkman is cancelled. And that I Vampire was going to have a Flash crossover before it was cancelled.
Audio on the way, hopefully we’ll get more details. ALso, what do you do when Stan Lee is too sick to attend? Bleeding Cool’s Alex Wilson writes from Amazing Arizona Comic Con;
A few days ago we reported that Stan Lee cancelled his appearance at the Amazing Arizona Comic Con here. I was at the convention and all the signings were obviously no longer happening but what was going to happen with his panel time?
The answer is to try to bring someone else in without actually bringing them in. This consisted of skyping in Scott Snyder to talk over a projector with Scott Lobdell and Kyle Higgins, trying their best to keep the Internet connection from crapping out. The sad part is that the connection did crap out, and it crapped out many times. Snyder would start answering a question but when he started to get to the meat of the answer, the screen would freeze and it wouldn’t pick back up until he was done. When we could hear a complete answer, there was this terrible ringing buzz that came from the speakers.
I have to give credit to Lobdell and Higgins for having a good idea to fill time, instead of them having a panel at noon and then another one at 5:00. The problem was the plan was spur of the moment and the kinks didn’t have time to be worked out. They had the fans on the front of their thoughts and I can appreciate that but the panel fell flat as fans struggled to hear what was going.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018