Though Terry Gilliam‘s Zero Theorem has completed principle photography it hasn’t finished post-production. Perhaps there’s still casting to be done for voice roles, either on the other end of telephones – which is a big thing in this film – or elsewhere.
So when The Sunday Times say that Bill Murray is “being courted” for a role in the film, I imagine it would likely be a voice part only. This isn’t the kind of production that goes back for re-cast reshoots.
By which I mean it’s really, really low budget.
Now, on the other hand, there’s a chance that the Times interview took place before Zero Theorem had wrapped. In that case, I really don’t know if Murray went ahead and appeared in the film or not.
Here’s the salient bit of their report:
He’s also being courted for a role in Terry Gilliam’s The Zero Theorem, but isn’t sure he will have the time (read: inclination) to do it. “Terry’s a fun guy to hang out with,” he says. “His stuff doesn’t always work for me, but it’s not for lack of trying. He really throws it out there.”
He sure does.
Here’s the possibly-partial cast of Zero Theorem as collated by the Gilliam fansite, Dreams:
- Qohen Leth – Christoph Waltz
- Bainsley – Mélanie Thierry
- Joby – David Thewlis
- Bob – Lucas Hedges
- Management – Matt Damon
- Dr Shrink-Rom – Tilda Swinton
- Doctor 1 – Sanjeev Bhaskar
- Doctor 2 – Peter Stormare
- Doctor 3 – Ben Whishaw
- Clone 1 – Emil Hostina
- Clone 2 – Pavlic Nemes
Maybe Murray has an uncredited, secret part in the works and, with the help of The Times, he’s just blown the surprise? If that’s true, I guess I’m culpable for spreading it around too. Bad Brendon.
On the outside, there’s a tiny chance that Murray said he was being courted by Gilliam for “his next film” then the Times journalist looked on IMDB, saw Zero Theorem and jumped to the wrong conclusion.
I suppose that would be the best case scenario? That could mean a Gilliam film with a big role for Murray, and that could be very exciting.
Thanks to Celine for her help… um… beating the system with this one.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014