John Schnepp is a director on Adult Swim’s Metalocalypse and Venture Bros., provided the W is for WTF segment for ABCs of Death and worked with Upright Citizens Brigade in making their TV pilot. I don’t suppose there’s anything that could seem out of place in such a varied resume, but his next project – Kickstarter willing – is certainly newsworthy.
Here’s Schnepp pitching a documentary on Superman Lives, the Tim Burton-directed, Kevin Smith co-scripted, Nicolas Cage-starring Superman movie that never quite was.
There’s a lot of promise there. In fact, there are a few promises in particular that I think Schnepp might find it hard to deliver on. He’s telling us flat out who he’ll interview but there’s no indication that any of these folk will want to be interviewed.
What’s more, I think Schnepp’s attitude that this film is just “weird” won’t do him any favours with some of those interview subjects either.
Still, I’d like to see an actual film about this near-film. Not as much as I would have liked to see the film itself, but still.
You can support Schnepp with a donation to his Kickstarter. For $1000 you can even buy your way into the documentary and get this platform to voice your take on Superman Lives.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014