The New Zeland Mint are to press and sell ten thousand $2 coins emblazoned with Doctor Who‘s TARDIS. They’ll be a bargain too, going for just $155 in New Zealand dollars each.
Or, to put it another way, seventy five and a half times the face value.
I’m pretty sure that’s a better deal than the Charles and Diana coins my Dad bought. For one thing, they don’t have Prince Charles on them. For another, there’s no Diana. Poor soul.
Now, you could spend the TARDIS if you want to, it will be legal tender. In theory, that means these coins could get into the flow of change around the New Zealand economy. And that means some lucky souls could find one in their change.
The packaging for the coin is a little TARDIS. Not $153 worth of TARDIS, but it’s something.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014