According to industry legend, Young was determined to play Catwoman in Batman Returns and turned up at the Warner Bros. lot in full costume. It goes that Tim Burton then hid under his desk so she’d think he was out and go away. Depending on who tells the story, he was hiding there for anything from a few minutes to a couple of hours.
Sometimes the telling then gets confused with another story and she then pees on his desk but I’m 100% certain this bit didn’t actually happen.
Things seem to have gone a little differently with Alcon, the producers of the upcoming Blade Runner follow-up. Young told Crave that they’ve already called her in for a chat:
I did meet with Alcon, the company that owns it and is planning to do the remake with Ridley. I did meet with them, but I think at that point they just wanted to meet me and I don’t think they have any plans of using any of the original people, although I can’t say for sure.
I do think, let me just say it right here, I do think it would be a disappointment to the audience not to have Rachel in it but you know what, folks in Hollywood make mistakes all the time.
Could she even play Rachel anyway? I mean this in the most delicate of sense, but would a replicant have aged in the same way as Sean Young?
If Ridley Scott does return to Blade Runner, and day by day I’m less inclined to think he ever will, we should probably expect a whole new cast of characters and a film that relates to the original in much the way that Prometheus related to Alien.
Young was speaking to Crave about her upcoming picture Jug Head. I’d recommend checking out its trailer. It’s special.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014