Today’s bulletin of new MPAA movie ratings included Man of Steel. Awarding the film a PG-13, the MPAA said that this was for:
intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language.
The first trailer for the film downplayed the action somewhat. The second injected a little.
The third, Bleeding Cool have been told, is going to ratchet it right up.
And then the film itself is going to “blow our minds.”
At least that’s what we’ve heard, give or take, from a few folk now. In fact, we understand that Warner Bros. are ultimately going have a very action-heavy advertising campaign that really plays to the film’s scenes of huge devastation.
There are beats of huge, superpowered action in the film, most of them built around Kryptonian vs. Kryptonian conflict. Trucks will be ‘pulled’ about like… erm… toy trucks. Buildings will be smashed like Lego.
When a Kryptonian gets into a brawl with a Kryptonian, things get smashed up. But how about when a Kryptonian gets into a brawl with several Kryptonians… in a built up area?
Those aren’t buildings any more, they’re crash mats. They’re weapons.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014