While Hollywood shuffle about working on big screen adaptations of his comics Bloodstrike and Godyssey, Rob Liefeld has been writing an original screenplay. It’s called Icons, and it’s an account of his nearly three decades in the comic book business.
Liefeld has decided to share excerpts from this script with Dream Movies Cast, while also fulfilling their mandate of naming his dream cast for this movie. It’s a fun game! Like you play at family get togethers!
So, for example, Liefeld would like to see Todd McFarlane played by Christian Bale, apparently inspired by Bale’s turn in The Fighter.
Here are the two pages of the Icons screenplay that introduce “the character” of Todd.
No, Liefeld could stand in for that stuff himself. I can see it now: a closeup of Liefeld’s own hands drawing Youngblood’s feet.
The roster of actors is definitely dream casting, though, with some impossible ideas. For example, the 81 year old Dabney Coleman is suggested for Terry Stewart.
I don’t know what chance there is of Icons ever being produced, but Liefeld has said he’ll happily share the script with the other co-founders of Image. I kind of wish he’d share it with everyone.
Here are the rest of the script pages as revealed so far. Stick with it for Liefeld’s personal encounter with “his favourite rapper,” Eazy-E. There was no suggested casting for that role.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014