The National Television Awards held tonight and aired on ITV held a number of surprises. Ant And Dec getting a double for Best Entertainment Presenters and their I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here winning Best Entertainment Programme.
But two celebrated shows from Steven Moffat and the BBC, Sherlock and Doctor Who lost out on all nominations.
Best drama was won by ITV’s Downton Abbey, and both Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch lost best male performance in a drama to the less well known Colin Morgan, playing the titular Merlin, recently cancelled after a five year run.
And Doctor Who’s Karen Gillen was beaten to best female performance by Miranda Hart from Call The Midwife, at one point very much rumoured herself to be in Doctor Who.
Joanna Lumley also won a lifetime acheivement award, with a video message played in tribute to her by Prime Minister David Cameron.
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017