The National Television Awards held tonight and aired on ITV held a number of surprises. Ant And Dec getting a double for Best Entertainment Presenters and their I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here winning Best Entertainment Programme.
But two celebrated shows from Steven Moffat and the BBC, Sherlock and Doctor Who lost out on all nominations.
Best drama was won by ITV’s Downton Abbey, and both Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch lost best male performance in a drama to the less well known Colin Morgan, playing the titular Merlin, recently cancelled after a five year run.
And Doctor Who’s Karen Gillen was beaten to best female performance by Miranda Hart from Call The Midwife, at one point very much rumoured herself to be in Doctor Who.
Joanna Lumley also won a lifetime acheivement award, with a video message played in tribute to her by Prime Minister David Cameron.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018