I’ll drop a nice little pile of names during this story, various actors rumoured to be on Marvel’s hit list for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Even still, by the end, not one of them will be female. I’m astonished by the continued lack of Gamora-related gossip.
Anyhow, back to the men. Perhaps Raccoons. And maybe alien plant things.
Latino Review are the ones bringing up the new slate of names. They add three contenders to the list for Peter Quill, Star Lord saying that Wes Bentley, Chris Lowell, and Cam Gigandet will be reading for the role.
It’s been a long search, and a wide one, and whoever finally gets the role should feel really rather lucky.
Meanwhile, the same report says that Marvel are starting the process of filling other roles by:
asking for the availability of both Jim Carrey AND Adam Sandler!
Not my block caps, not my exclamation mark.
It’s assumed that these guys won’t be up for Quill, and I think that’s a fair bet. Instead, it’s supposed that the role in question is likely to be Rocket Raccoon or Groot.
I can see the thought processes that match them to Rocket Raccoon. Just imagine either of them with a cigar in their mouth and you’re half way there. With Groot… I’m not so clear on what the thinking would be.
Guardians gets shooting this Summer, over here in the UK. I won’t be surprised to see casting go right down to the wire.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014