When any long term romantic relationship breaks down, splitting up your possessions can be just as hard as splitting up your lives.
As British Bleeding Cool reader Alan Nolan relates;
My comic collection has been stolen by my ex-girlfriend. It consists of three thousand comics, mainly Marvel, DC from 2000 0nwards, but some indies and some stuff I had left from the eighties. At least half are variants or sketch variants, there’s a complete set of Miracleman, the first issue signed by Alan Moore the second page in, I got it signed in the eighties, two Burn Hogarth portfolios, King Arthur signed and numbered, a few printer acetates, from Dave Sim, Simon Bizley, Brian Bolland, Jack Kirby, a lot of Bernie Wrightson stuff, the Watchmen portfolio from eighties, a complete set of Frank Miller Daredevil, a complete set of 1:25 and sketch variants of Civil War, a complete set of Civil War Spider-Man variants, a complete set of Green Lantern from Rebirth, with all the variants, Red Hulk 1-25 all covers, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion all covers, Aspen variants, Morning Glories complete set with second print variants, all the new Image number ones like Manhattan Projects, etc.
I’ve been to the police but they won’t do anything until they turn up, and I have a feeling they will turn up in the Manchester area as she informed me she now has a buyer, they were stolen in November and she will probably get one of her dodgy mates to try sell them.
Anyone in the UK been approached with such a collection?
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017