When any long term romantic relationship breaks down, splitting up your possessions can be just as hard as splitting up your lives.
As British Bleeding Cool reader Alan Nolan relates;
My comic collection has been stolen by my ex-girlfriend. It consists of three thousand comics, mainly Marvel, DC from 2000 0nwards, but some indies and some stuff I had left from the eighties. At least half are variants or sketch variants, there’s a complete set of Miracleman, the first issue signed by Alan Moore the second page in, I got it signed in the eighties, two Burn Hogarth portfolios, King Arthur signed and numbered, a few printer acetates, from Dave Sim, Simon Bizley, Brian Bolland, Jack Kirby, a lot of Bernie Wrightson stuff, the Watchmen portfolio from eighties, a complete set of Frank Miller Daredevil, a complete set of 1:25 and sketch variants of Civil War, a complete set of Civil War Spider-Man variants, a complete set of Green Lantern from Rebirth, with all the variants, Red Hulk 1-25 all covers, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion all covers, Aspen variants, Morning Glories complete set with second print variants, all the new Image number ones like Manhattan Projects, etc.
I’ve been to the police but they won’t do anything until they turn up, and I have a feeling they will turn up in the Manchester area as she informed me she now has a buyer, they were stolen in November and she will probably get one of her dodgy mates to try sell them.
Anyone in the UK been approached with such a collection?
- Black Mask Creators Talk The Benefits Of Comics At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- The Young Justice: Outsiders, Revealed – Could This Be Their First Gay Member? - July 21, 2017
- More ComiXology Exclusive Marvel Comics To Come After ‘Iron Fists’ - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Retailer Exclusives Given Away At San Diego Comic-Con Today - July 21, 2017
- Deborah Watling, Victoria In Doctor Who, Dies At 69 - July 21, 2017