Hello, my name is Chris Pritchard and I am compelled to tell stories visually. As far back as I can remember I’ve felt the urge to put pencil, or pen, to paper. When we were young, my cousin and I would create comics; he would write and I would draw. Then there were the many comics I made on my own through my teenage years. To make it short, I’ve always had a fascination with the visual medium and its ability to convey a story. I loved reading comic books, both the words and the images.
Since my college years I’ve always had some story I’m messing around with, mostly false starts that sputtered out. A few years ago I finished a webcomic, whose main goal was to simply complete something, then I began work on my current story, Sunsara.
Telling stories affords us the opportunity to express a small part of who we are and how we see the world. Visual story telling allows us to embellish those worlds we create with a solidity that isn’t possible with just words. For some reason deep down there’s a part of me that needs to express myself in this way.
My favorite part of comic books has always been the images. I remember spending hours staring at and copying panels from TMNT and Fist of the North Star; from Spawn and all the other comic books from the early days of Image comics. The depth, the emotion, the detail you can show without saying a word has always fascinated me.
I’ve tried the webcomic approach to self-publishing and it wasn’t for me. So with my current book I’m giving fundraising through Kickstarter a try. It’s always amazing to me how you can find gems in the independent realm that somehow have not been picked up by a publisher. I love going to conventions and picking up a few books from self publishing creators. I hope people see that “something special” in my current project. To check out my book, Sunsara, go to http://kck.st/W72Crl and I wish you safe travels.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018