Director John Krokidas is at Sundance to premiere his Daniel Radcliffe-starring Alan Ginsberg biopic Kill Your Darlings. Rather improbably, this screening seems to have provided a venue for the blowing of a significant Amazing Spider-Man sequel secret.
Hit Fix were in attendance, and they say:
Krokidas introduced the cast of Darlings which includes Daniel Radcliffe, Ben Foster and Michael C. Hall. When he got to DeHaan he said “He’s the Green Goblin.” DeHaan just smiled, but it didn’t seem like Krokidas was kidding.
We already know that DeHaan is playing Harry Osborn in the film. Having Osborn Jr. be the Green Goblin in this next film might be a little unexpected, but it’s far from impossible.
One explanation might be that Krokidas came to a faulty assumption once he knew that DeHaan would be playing Osborn. Possibly.
Meanwhile, all DeHaan confirmed about his role in the film is that Osborn will be one corner of a love triangle – and this was only done by implication. Asked about being in a love triangle in the film, DeHaan simply responded as though this was a given.
We don’t know who the other two corners might be – Parker and Stacy? Parker and Watson? Watson and Stacy? Dillon and Parker?
I’m pretty darn sure it’s going to be Parker and Watson.
Previously, The Green Goblin was the chief villain in the first Sam Raimi Spider-Man film and then young Harry took up the mantle in the third. It might seem unlikely that Marc Webb and co. would reprise the character so quickly, but it did only take Chris Nolan two pictures to bring back The Joker…
The Amazing Spider-Man’s sequel is off and running now, set for a release in May of next year. Kill Your Darlings was reportedly pretty good. More on both in due course, I’m sure.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014