Marvel may have sold over 300,000 copies of Uncanny Avengers #1. Image may have sold almost 400,000 of Walking Dead #100.
BUt what about the lower selling titles? How do they stack up?
We’re going to cheat a little by only including the Top 300 comics reported by Diamond that sold in comic shops in 2013. Which means that some of the smaller companies may get a boost my ignored the comics that didn’t sell enough to get in the top 300. But there’s one incontroversial point that sticks out.
Because Valiant is considered a “Small Press Publisher” by Diamond, in that it is outside the Top Ten of publishers. Yes, when it comes to saverage sales of books…
Here’s a chart. Each measures a publisher, looks at the number of comics placed in the Top 300, their highest and lowest sales, and in the middle in bold, the average sale.
For which, Valiant is third. Only four or five books, it’s true. But it is expanding…
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018