Marvel may have sold over 300,000 copies of Uncanny Avengers #1. Image may have sold almost 400,000 of Walking Dead #100.
BUt what about the lower selling titles? How do they stack up?
We’re going to cheat a little by only including the Top 300 comics reported by Diamond that sold in comic shops in 2013. Which means that some of the smaller companies may get a boost my ignored the comics that didn’t sell enough to get in the top 300. But there’s one incontroversial point that sticks out.
Because Valiant is considered a “Small Press Publisher” by Diamond, in that it is outside the Top Ten of publishers. Yes, when it comes to saverage sales of books…
Here’s a chart. Each measures a publisher, looks at the number of comics placed in the Top 300, their highest and lowest sales, and in the middle in bold, the average sale.
For which, Valiant is third. Only four or five books, it’s true. But it is expanding…
- Randall Malinoff Is No Longer Chief Operating Officer Of Wizard World For Some Reason. - July 26, 2017
- Today’s Secret Empire #7 Revisits That Scene With Thor’s Hammer, Ahead Of The Final Issues - July 26, 2017
- As Of Today, Batman Is Officially A Meta-Human (Suicide Squad #22 Spoilers) - July 26, 2017
- Which Order To Read Today’s Secret Empire Comics In? And How Imperial Are They? X-Men Blue #8, Occupy Avengers #8, Deadpool #34, Mighty Captain Marvel #7, Captain America: Sam Wilson #24, Secret Empire #7, Captain America: Steve Rogers #19 - July 26, 2017
- Infamous Iron Man #10 Rewrites The Reality Of The Multiverse (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017