Marvel may have sold over 300,000 copies of Uncanny Avengers #1. Image may have sold almost 400,000 of Walking Dead #100.
BUt what about the lower selling titles? How do they stack up?
We’re going to cheat a little by only including the Top 300 comics reported by Diamond that sold in comic shops in 2013. Which means that some of the smaller companies may get a boost my ignored the comics that didn’t sell enough to get in the top 300. But there’s one incontroversial point that sticks out.
Because Valiant is considered a “Small Press Publisher” by Diamond, in that it is outside the Top Ten of publishers. Yes, when it comes to saverage sales of books…
Here’s a chart. Each measures a publisher, looks at the number of comics placed in the Top 300, their highest and lowest sales, and in the middle in bold, the average sale.
For which, Valiant is third. Only four or five books, it’s true. But it is expanding…
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017