So he’s no longer at iFanboy. Or indeed their purchaser, Graphicly. He talks about it at length at the site, here are a few clips;
with Graphicly’s new business focus the need for iFanboy to be a gateway to the comic book world has become less important. This was something that both we and Graphicly CEO Micah Baldwin realized and so we have collectively worked to amicably split iFanboy from Graphicly and return it to an independent website owned and operated by the three of us once again.
With that said about iFanboy, and in a bit of uncanny timing, I’d also like to announce that I will be resigning from all active editorial involvement with iFanboy, as well as resigning from my position at Graphicly.
For years when asked if I ever wanted to work in comics, I’ve laughed off the question, stating that I’m neither a writer nor an artist and would probably not do well as a creator. But, I’ve said, if there was one aspect of comics that interested me it was the publishing and business side. That was something that I find infinitely interesting (I published my own magazine in college) and that is exactly what I will be doing at Image Comics. I will be joining the Image team as the Director of Business Development, working closely with Publisher Eric Stephenson and Marketing & PR Director Jennifer De Guzman and the rest of the amazing staff at Image Central in Berkeley, CA. I will primarily be focusing on sales and marketing as I work to help Image continue the amazing success that they have been experiencing.
- Marvel’s One Per Store Variant Covers – Collect The Set? from Mighty Captain Marvel To Venom - January 17, 2017
- Dark Horse To Publish Omnibus Of Buffy Season 8 Written By Joss Whedon, Bryan K Vaughan, Drew Goddard And More - January 17, 2017
- Tessa Hulls’ Journey Into Her Family’s Past Uncovers The Life Of An Extraordinary Woman - January 17, 2017
- Where To Get Your Copy Of RESIST!, The Anti-Trump, Pro-Female Comic Published For The Inauguration - January 17, 2017
- John Layman And Sam Kieth Create Eleanor & The Egret From AfterShock Comics - January 17, 2017