Though it’s been rumoured numerous times before, the rather dependable Vulture are again reporting that Warner Bros. have been speaking to Amblin about maybe getting a Gremlins reboot off the ground.
And I expect that this would be a project we can legitimately call a reboot rather than a remake. They’ll keep the creatures and the “rules,” I’m sure, but they’ll more than likely change everything else. You don’t need a Billy Peltzer to sell Gremlins.
I’m very fond of the original film, and while I think the second is possibly the better, braver, and certainly crazier episode, it’s actually the original that I go back to the most – maybe because I can’t let Christmas go past without it.
There would seem to be little to no chance that Joe Dante would be involved in the do-over. Heck, it seems unlikely that they’d even get back Gizmo to play Gizmo and would just replace him with CG or something.
Still, the basic premise of Gremlins is a rich one and the right filmmakers could turn in something special – obviously it happend twice before, so I don’t know why it couldn’t again. I only hope Warner Bros. don’t think they’d be currying fan boy favour by getting Chris Columbus involved…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014