Explaining the subtitle Revenge of the Leftovers, the sequel to Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs goes beyond the threat of falling burgers to the accidental, nature flaunting creation of animal-foodstuff hybrids.
But I think that’s a confusing notion at best – the last meal I ate had both egg and milk in it, and I’m just a vegetarian. Aren’t animals already animal-foodstuff hybrids? Sort of? This could be the most existentially screwy kids toon since Cars 2.
These images from the film do better explain the proposition. Here’s the first official still, as published by USA Today, and then a closer look at just a couple of the foodimals.
A fruit cockatiel.
Yes, Barry. Surname Straw? We’ll have to wait and see. I’d at least like a “Hey, Barry” gag in there somewhere. Please.
The USA Today piece also includes a couple of quotes from the cast, including Kristen Schaal on her new character, Barb, a chimp in lipstick.
She’s kind of a snarky, know-it-all chimpanzee, and aggressive. Sam and Barb sort of go at it a little bit.
I don’t think she means “go at it” like on The Discovery Channel. That’d have to be some Clark-Kent glasses-level lipstick.
The first Cloudy was rather good. With that film’s directors, Phil Lord and Chris Miller, busy with Lego and 21 Jump Street 2, they’ve just been producing this follow up, leaving Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn holding the reins. Here’s hoping they don’t just thunder a bunch of cold leftovers down on our heads.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014