So what have you been reading today?
Yes, of course, Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad has read Fifty Shades Of Grey. That won’t end badly at all. I do hope someone has told the Joker.
Some presents come with added extras, in Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth. Also a really easy cosplay costume to get away with this summr.
No sooner have I compared John Byrne to Robert Heinlein than Threshold gives us a Starship Troopers (movie) riff…
While Captain America takes time to paint the home that he is far, far from. I often forget Steve Rogers’ artistic skills, let along the therapeutic benefits they may bring. A sweet human moment, amidst the alien chaos.
Francesco Francavilla creates a fully realised pulp hereo in The Black Beetle. Do we have a new Rocketeer here? It’s looking more and more like it.
In Indestructible Hulk, those Iron Man suitcase armours seem to have been reversed engineered by commercial weapons manufacturers. Clearly there are going to be public calls for increased suitcase control after this. Remember, suitcases don’t kill people…
The power of narration with seemingly unconnected images in Crossed. The mental instability and the impending death so neatly tied together.
Fashion Beast takes its film origins and uses them as a strength, decompressed comic storytelling, with moment-by-moment widescreen panels. And then an explosion of colour…
There’s a cameo I’m sure many weren’t expecting in Batman. Greg Capullo gives him a look of the Dark Knight Superman don’t you think?
And as Kitty Pryde helps Jean Grey come to terms with her telepathic powers in All New X-Men… did you catch the thought bubble, bottom right? Let’s zoom in.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017