This year’s nominees for the GLAAD Awards, which ” recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and the issues that affect their lives” go to the usual array of mainstream direct market titles.
Astonishing X-Men by Marjorie Liu
Batwoman by W. Haden Blackman, J.H. Williams III
Buffy the Vampire Slayer by Andrew Chambliss, Scott Allie, Jane Espenson, Drew Z. Greenberg
Earth 2 by James Robinson
Kevin Keller by Dan Parent
Last year’s prize was won by Batwoman, with X-Factor winning it the year before. So what will win out? Astonishing X-Men’s gay maraige, Batwoman’s gay solo lead, Buffy with a gay male slayer, Earth 2 with a gay Green Lantern or the only non-superhero comic Kevin Keller for causing the original founders of Archie Comics to spin in their graves?
- The Battle Over Whether Batman Is A Meta-Human Gets Increasingly Meta - July 28, 2017
- Drugs Raid Seizes Death Of Phoenix, 2nd Deadpool, 1st Bishop And Infinity Gauntlet - July 28, 2017
- The UN Turns To Comics To Save The World At San Diego Comic-Con - July 28, 2017
- The Six Big Questions Asked By Marvel Legacy #1 – But What Of The Child? - July 28, 2017
- The X-Men’s Origins Retold In 8 Page Preview Of Ed Piskor’s X-Men: Grand Design - July 28, 2017