The Host and Mother director Bong Joon Ho has yet to make anything less than a tremendous film and I’m hopeful that his next, which will also be his English language debut, will prove to meet his remarkable standards. Snowpiercer is to be a big scale science fiction film but also promises tense character drama and the chewing over of some social and political ideas.
Here’s the official blurb:
Snowpiercer is set in a future where, after a failed experiment to stop global warming, an Ice Age kills off all life on the planet except for the inhabitants of the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe and is powered by a sacred perpetual-motion engine. A class system evolves on the train but a revolution brews.
And, courtesy of the Bittersweet 2046 Tumblr, our first still from the film.
Looks like the windows are still green screen and need filling in… maybe? Still, a tantalising first look at one of my most keenly anticipate movies.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014